ArcaneWare has released an update for Library, bringing it to version 1.1. Library is a cataloging utility designed for books and bibliophiles. The update features improved Web support and batch add functionality. According to ArcaneWare:
ArcaneWare has released an upgrade to its application allowing you to easily catalog your books.
Library is an application that lets you catalog all of your books in a database. It has many features to make cataloging easy. Libraryis greatest feature, autofill, lets you type in a bookis ISBN and with the click of a button, Library will query Amazon behind the scenes and after retrieval, automatically fill in all of the bookis information, and even download the cover image for you.
New in this version:
- Stunningly designed Web Export functionality, allowing users to share information about their collections over the Internet. Web exports include cover art, user ratings, checkout status, and custom notes
- Support for the new USB Barcode Reader from ArcaneWare, ArcaneReader
- Batch Add functionality for adding multiple books in a single dialog. ISBNs can be entered on the keyboard, or automatically in conjunction with the ArcaneReader
- Tab-delimited import capabilities, allowing users to import book information from programs like Microsoft Excel or Readerware
- New preferences options for auto-focusing on specific fields, color options, and Web export tools
- Various other corrections were applied and changes made
You can find more information about the Library update at the ArcaneWare Web site. The Library update is ffree for registered users, while the full version is available shareware for US$10.00.