Asar has released an update for Hogwasher, bringing it to version 3.1. Hogwasher is a usenet utility designed for the download and viewing of news material. The maintenance update features several improvements including speed enhancements and bug fixes. According to Asar:
Asar today announced the immediate availability of Hogwasher 3.1, a Usenet newsreader for the Mac.
Hogwasher is the newsreader for those who are ready to "move up" from the simple "Web browser " type readers that come with their Mac but who do not have or want the technical sophistication and patience to configure and use the various "Guru Readers" which are available.
Hogwasher 3.1 contains significant performance improvements, and numerous bug fixes. The most significant changes are outlined below:
- Opening subscriptions and "saving article information" up to 20 times faster
- Fixed yEnc decoding bug that corrupted certain files
- Fixed bug that caused slowness and/or crash retrieving group list
- Fixed problem adding Word Services applications
- Fixed incorrect alias icon on OS X
- Fixed problem whereby expired articles werenit handled according to account settings
- Added "Expired" option to the article restriction menu
You can find more information about the Hogwasher update at the Asar Web site. The 3.1 update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$49.00.