Aspyr Media has released a new utility for Mac gamers called Game Agent. The software checks your Mac hardware for the system requirements of (Aspyr) Mac games.
Aspyr says the software will check OS version, RAM size, video card, and processor speed, and then, game by game, tells the user if the game "will run well," "will run" or "will not run" on the system being checked. Game agent also allows users to check the system requirements of games against default Apple configurations.
- Automatically scans useris Mac configuration to tell them which games they can play
- Automatically updates its list of Aspyr games and system requirements each time the user runs the application
- Plain English summary of why users canit play a game (ex. "This game requires Mac OS X 10.3.4, you have 10.2.8") and optional detailed/technical list of all system requirements and each machineis configuration
- Familiar interface gives fast, easy-to-read results
- Lists minimum and recommended system requirements for each game if your Mac will run a game but will perform better if you add more RAM, the application will tell you
- User can click on Info, Buy Now or Pre-Order Now buttons to go to the Aspyr web site to get more information on particular games (trailers, demos, etc.) or to make a purchase
- Allows users to see which games run on their Mac or on other standard Macs (a newG5 iMac, a 2.5 GHz Dual G5, etc.)
- Automatically can download newer versions of the application if one is available
Game Agent is free, and you can find more information and download links at Aspyris Web site.