HairerSoft has released an update for Amadeus II, bringing it to version 3.5. Amadeus II is an audio editing app designed with graphic display and MP3 support. The update features improved performance and function enhancements. According to HairerSoft:
HairerSoft today announces the release of Amadeus II v3.5, their premiere disk-based, Mp3 supporting, visual waveform audio file editing and analyzing application for the MacOS and MacOS X.
Amadeus II lets you use your Macintosh computer for many sound-related applications, such as live audio recording, digitizing tapes and records, sampling from any external source and for editing and analyzing Mp3, Ogg Vorbis, AIFF, SoundDesigner II, QuickTime or WAVE files.
New features of version 3.5 include among others:
- Better overall performance and smoothness on MacOS X (using CarbonEvents)
- More consistent user interface with better integration to Aqua
- Fast forward/rewind playback functions
- Uses AltiVec (velocity engine) instructions for filtering
- Real-time VST effects
- Advanced settings for Mp3 encoding and use of LAME 3.91
You can find more information about the Amadeus update at the HairerSoft Web site. Amadeus II 3.5 is available for US$25.00.