Softobe has updated their data backup program, FoldersSynchronizer, to version 1.9.6. FoldersSynchronizer allows users to back up data by synchronizing folders, and allows users to set schedules for backup. According to Softobe:
Whatis new in the 1.9.6
Fixed two minor bugs:
- In the filter area the date setting works properly also with the "september" choise.
- The status line over the progress bar is not long truncated.
Itis a nifty utility for Macintosh which synchronizes and backups folders and disks. The user can choose two or more folders/disks and then they will be synchronized/backed-up exactly. The old files will be replaced with the newest files in both directions. The new files (new entries) will be copied in both directions, as well as new Folders. The old Folders will not replaced entirely by the newer ones, as the Finder used to do, but their content will be updated with the newest files, the new files (new entries) and new Folders (new entries). So it is faster.
- If the user chooses "one-only-direction" option, FoldersSynchronizer switches to a BackUp mode. The destination folder will be upgraded with the newest files, the new files (new entries) and the new Folders (new entries) coming from the source folder; the source folder will be left untouched.
- FS also can backup the deleted files.
- FS can filter the documents to copy, by Type, Creator and Modification Date.
- FS can do 16 multiple synchronizations or backups from custom lists. The user can save and load the lists.
- FS can synchronize or backup at the time you specify in the timer list or by the timer interval.
- FS can copy invisible Files and Folders.
- FS can unlock the locked files, so the "exact backup" can delete also the locked files.
- FS can stop or skip if an error occurred.
- FS can exclude, from the sync or backup, the folders you specify in the Excluding folders list.
- FS can save and show Log Files.
- Tested on MacOS 7, 8 and 9.
- Scriptable by AppleScript.
FoldersSynchronizer is available for US$20. You can find more information at the Softobe web site.