Intelli Innovations is now shipping the IntelliScanner 3000i. The IntelliScanner is a barcode reader that supports direct text input into popular applications such as FileMaker Pro and AppleWorks. The device features plug-and-play support and is compatible with numerous code formats. According to Intelli Innovations:
Intelli Innovations Inc. today announced the IntelliScanner 3000i, its first hardware product for the Mac. The new handheld reader is a customizable, easy-to-use solution for scanning barcode symbologies into Mac applications.
The IntelliScanner 3000i requires no drivers or software: users simply plug it in to an available USB port and start scanning barcodes. Just as if the user typed the alphanumeric value on the keyboard, the IntelliScanner 3000i enters the barcode into the currently running application.
The new IntelliScanner 3000i features:
- Plug-and-play functionality
- Complete compatibility with any Mac application capable of accepting regular text input, including FileMaker Pro, AppleWorks, and Microsoft Word
- Optional prefix/suffix/enter key entry to indicate scanning or submit queries/forms
- Supports Bookland EANs (ISBNs on the backs of books), EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E, Codabar, MSI/Plessey, Code 11/39/93/128, Matrix 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, China Postal Code, and Telepen
- Fully configurable, without codes or hassle
- CCD scanner (red LED array)
- Detachable USB cable with integrated decoder
You can find more information about the IntelliScanner release at the Intelli Innovations Web site. The IntelliScanner 3000i is available for US$279.95.