Intelli Innovations has released an update for Barcode Producer, bringing it to version 1.5. Barcode Producer is a barcode generator designed for business applications and product tracking. The update includes performance enhancements including Optical Chararcter Recognition and JAN-8 and 13 support for Japanese retailers. According to Intelli Innovations:
Intelli Innovations, developers of innovative business software for the Macintosh platform, today announced the release of Barcode Producer 1.5, a major upgrade to its vector barcode generation software for the Mac.
Barcode Producer 1.5 features:
- Included Optical Character Recognition (OCR) typefaces. OCR fonts are used for the human-readable portion of the barcode in many applications, and recommended in most symbology specifications
- Intelli Innovations includes OCR-A and OCR-B typefaces in both PostScript(r) and TrueType(tm) formats, as part of the "OCR FontPack" included with every Barcode Producer 1.5 license
- ISSN barcode support, including self-constructing fields for the ISSN number, sequence variant (number of times the price/name/etc of the periodical has changed, and issue number
- JAN-8 and JAN-13 support: barcodes used for retail operations in Japan
- ISBN Assistant: helps users create accurate Bookland EAN barcodes (the type of barcode found on the back of a book) including the properly formatted ISBN and pricing information
- Further optimization of Barcode Produceris vector EPS output to create the smallest possible barcodes for fast rendering
You can find more information about the Barcode Producer update at the Intelli Innovations Web site. Barcode Producer 1.5 is free for registered users who purchased after June 17th, while the full version is available for US$ US$89.99.