Progeniq on Tuesday introduced a Universal Binary version of BioBoost, its bioinformatics data processing accelerator for Mac OS X version 10.4 "Tiger". The software provides hardware processing for the most computationally intensive applications. By utilizing Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology, the processor is able to irewirei itself on the fly according to the application that needs to be accelerated. This allows a single hardware accelerator to speed up any number of supported applications.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- New Products Apple Might Give Us While We Wait for the Car
- SolarTab Portable Solar Panel is a Bright Spot in Outdoor Charging Solutions
- Changing Your Wi-Fi Channel for Improved Speed
- Apple Misses Wall Street Estimates on Earnings, iPhone, Mac, and Raises Dividend
- The John Sculley Interview: Apple’s DNA, Walks With Steve Jobs and More