Progeniq on Tuesday introduced a Universal Binary version of BioBoost, its bioinformatics data processing accelerator for Mac OS X version 10.4 "Tiger". The software provides hardware processing for the most computationally intensive applications. By utilizing Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology, the processor is able to irewirei itself on the fly according to the application that needs to be accelerated. This allows a single hardware accelerator to speed up any number of supported applications.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi