Buena Software, Inc. has released an update for Dissolve Factory, bringing it to version 1.0.1. The Dissolve Factory is an After Effects and Final Cut Pro plug-in designed for expanding creative control over cross dissolve transitions. The update features several enhancements including increased calculation speed and bug fixes. According to Buena Software:
Buena Software, Inc., makers of digital video processing software, today announced the release of Dissolve Factory 1.0.1 for After Effects and Final Cut Pro for MacOS.
Dissolve Factory is a plugin which allows users to create new cross dissolves based on various properties of their video clips, such as the luminance, saturation, or colors.
This update, which is free to current users, includes the following enhancements:
- The speed of the calculations has been increased for most dissolves (especially saturation dissolve)
- The manual has been updated to better explain the process of applying the effect in Final Cut Pro
- Saturation Dissolves would sometimes not reach a full 100% at the end of the transition. They now always reach 100% when they should
- Saturation Dissolves in 16-bit per channel mode were not calculated correctly in some cases. They are now calculated correctly
- Removed unused items from the transparency popup menus
- The After Effects for Mac and Final Cut Pro versions have been combined into a single plugin, as have the OS 9 and OS X versions. There is now 1 single plugin for MacOS users, which includes both the AE and FCP functionality. If you purchase one, you now own both!
You can find more information about the Dissolve Factory update at the Buena Software, Inc. Web site. The Dissolve Factory update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$29.95.