Your Mac may be more than the sum of its parts, but itis still nice to know what all those parts are. With a little help from System Profiler, you can make your own report that shows everything about your Mac, including hardware and software inventories, and component serial numbers. Hereis how:
- Choose Apple menu > About this Mac.
- Click the More Into button to launch System Profiler.
- Choose File > Save As so that you can save your system report in a format that other applications can view.
- Choose a file type from the File Format pop-up menu. I selected Plain Text so that I can open my system report in any text editing application.
- Save your system report some place that you can find.
The More Info button launches System Profiler.
System Profiler lets you save reports for later viewing.
The report that System Profiler generates includes a description of your Mac, hardware serial numbers for your computer and other components like your internal hard drive, a full inventory of installed applications, operating system version, and more.
System Profileris report shows nearly everything about your Mac.
This is an easy way to build a comprehensive inventory of your Macs and software. You never know when it will come in handy, so be sure to make a backup of the system report.<!--#include virtual="/includes/newsite/series/quicktip.shtml"-->