C-Command has released an update for SpamSieve, bringing it to version 2.1. SpamSieve is a Spam filtering app designed for Mailsmith and Entourage email client programs. The update features numerous enhancements including Mail POP account support. According to C-Command:
SpamSieve 2.1 is now available.
SpamSieve gives you back your inbox by bringing powerful Bayesian spam filtering to popular e-mail clients. It learns what your spam looks like, so it can block nearly all of it. It looks at your address book and learns what your good messages look like, so it wonit confuse them with spam.
Other spam filters get worse over time as spammers adapt to their rules; SpamSieve actually gets better over time as you train it with more messages. SpamSieve doesnit delete any messages--it only marks them in your e-mail client--so youill never lose any mail.
New in this Version:
- Added support for Apple Mail POP accounts
- Added a Training Tip window that gives advice on how to improve SpamSieveis accuracy, based on the current state of the corpus and preferences
- Rules in the whitelist and blocklist are no longer limited to just matching sender addresses
- When trained with a good message from a mailing list, SpamSieve will automatically create a whitelist rule based on a mailing list header, if present
- SpamSieve can now read in the Entourage address book and use it as a whitelist
- Improved the accuracy of the Bayesian classifier when the corpus is unbalanced
You can find more information about the SpamSieve update at the C-Command Web site. SpamSieve 2.1 is available for US$10.00.