West-Forest-Systems has released an update for CDFinder, bringing it to version 4.2.1. CDFinder is a cataloging app designed for the file management of hard disks, DVDis and MP3is. The update features improved Panther support and bug fixes. According to Norbert M. Doerner:
West-Forest-Systems today announced the immediate availability of CDFinder 4.2.1.
CDFinder is a very fast and powerful disk cataloging tool. It can also catalogue hard disks, iPods, CD-ROMs, DVDs, floppies, ZIPs and anything else that spins. It has a flexible user interface and powerful search functions.
Audio-CDs and MP3 files are fully supported as well.
New in CDFinder 4.2.1:
- CDFinder can now read the contents of the ZIP archive files that are created with Panther
- The contextual menu module "CDFinder CMM" is now also available in a Mac OS X version. This enables you to catalogue disk directly from the Finder, or start Find operations based on names or types of selected files
- Some problems with the automatic database update function were fixed. This could cause folders to appear twice for a short while
- The "Batch Create" feature now supports Multi-Session disks in Panther
- As usual, a couple of other minor issues has been solved
You can find more information about the latest CDFinder release at the CDFinder Web site. CDFinder 4.2.1 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$25.00.