Cafederic has released a new version of BasePlant, bringing it to version 2.0. BasePlant is a collection of classes designed for PowerPlant development. The new version features numerous enhancements including custom toolbars and a Web resource checker. According to Cafederic:
Cafederic is proud to announce the release of BasePlant 2.0, a collection of more than 300 classes to enhance PowerPlant, the flagship framework from Metrowerks.
Among the new features for this release, you will see:
- Full sheet support
- Custom toolbars (like in Mac OS X Finder) and custom floating toolbars
- Color Picker support with live updates
- Preferences dialog with one line of code (at least in most cases)
- Web resource checker (e.g. for software updates)
- New helpers for easy drag and drop support
- Generic shortcut keys editor dialog (something like the one of CodeWarrior)
- New panes and controls
- Live dragging of windows (both Mac OS 9 and X) with snapping for tool window (like the ones from Adobe and Macromedia software)
- Display Manager and Mac OS X Dock aware
- Layout management of window positions and size relative to each others and the screen resolution
- Carbon event loop timer
You can find more information about the BasePlant update at the Cafederic Web site. BasePlant 2.0 is available starting at US$35.00.