The open source astronomical and space simulator, Celestia, was updated to version 1.4.1 on Monday. The updated version is a Universal Binary application, allowing it to run natively on PowerPC and Intel-based Macs. It also supports OpenGL 2.0 in Mac OS X 10.4.3 or higher, fixes several rendering issues, adds a lunar elevation map, textures for several celestial bodies, and more. Celestia 1.4.1 is available for download at the SourceForge Web site, and is free.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- OS X: El Capitan’s Deletion of “Repair Disk Permissions” Could Impact You
- When (and When Not) to Replace Your Old Mac
- How Not to Waste Your Time With the iPhone 6 Plus Camera Replacement Program
Recent Editorials See All »
- Apple Doesn’t Have to Make the ‘Best’ TV Shows to Be Successful
- Vidity: A Potential UHD/4KTV Game Changer - Will Apple Play?
- Tidal Accuses Apple of Blocking Drake Benefit Stream, but Not According to Drake
- Keychain 101: Getting Started with Apple’s Password Manager
- An iPhone 6s That Can Record 4K Video Means a 4K Apple TV