The open source astronomical and space simulator, Celestia, was updated to version 1.4.1 on Monday. The updated version is a Universal Binary application, allowing it to run natively on PowerPC and Intel-based Macs. It also supports OpenGL 2.0 in Mac OS X 10.4.3 or higher, fixes several rendering issues, adds a lunar elevation map, textures for several celestial bodies, and more. Celestia 1.4.1 is available for download at the SourceForge Web site, and is free.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi