Taylor Design has updated their text editing/cleaning application, TextSpresso, to version 1.7.1. TextSpresso allows users to easily remove unwanted characters from text files, such as the characters added when converting e-mail from one format to another. The new version adds a document Get Info feature, and improves stability and performance. According to Taylor Design:
Taylor Design has announced the commercial release of TextSpresso 1.7.1, an update to the premier Mac OS text editor and cleaner.
TextSpresso 1.7.1, which is priced at $20 through August, adds a Get Info feature which displays document statistics such as word count and page length. This release also fixes a recently introduced bug in TextSpressois Hot Filter feature which prevented proper operation for some users.
TextSpresso 1.7.1 is available now from the Taylor Design web site and is a free upgrade for registered users. Others may download the demo and use it for free for up to 30 days. TextSpresso can be registered via Web, E-mail, FAX, and postal mail.
What is TextSpresso?
TextSpresso is an easy to use, professional level text editor and cleaner. TextSpresso includes over 160 filters and can handle a wide range of tasks, including:
- Cleaning up E-mails, Web pages, MIME text documents, and other text retrieved from the Internet.
- Preparing text for the Internet to insure that it is readable regardless of transport method or end destination. TextSpresso can prepare Mac text, which may contain Internet incompatible special characters and formatting, for E-mail, Usenet, and message boards.
- Performing fast, multi-pattern data extraction, such as extracting URLis from a web page.
- Converting cross platform text files between Mac and PC with highly accurate special character preservation.
- Preparing text documents for publishing in HTML on the World Wide Web.
- Preparing documents for print publishing. TextSpresso can reformat text so that it looks good in print and obeys many of the common spacing and character rules of graphic design, saving publishers a great deal of time and money.
- Whatever you need. TextSpresso lets users create new filters using 9 different core filter types including pattern matching, MultiFilter, and Data Extraction.
TextSpresso is flexible and powerful without being hard to use, making it ideal for both professional and casual use. TextSpresso is especially well suited for publishers, Web designers, mail list administrators, and other professional users who require exceptional flexibility and performance in their daily text processing. Itis low in price and easy to use for the casual user. Yet itis flexible enough to serve professional users and replace multiple competing text cleaners, some costing up to three times as much.
Through August, TextSpresso is available for US$20. You can find more information at the Taylor Design web site.