Selznick Scientific Software has released an update to the SmartWrap group of plugins and services for cleaning up dodgy text copied from e-mails, PDFs, and more. SmartWrap works with text to strip e-mail quotes, rewrap lines, detect paragraphs and lists, and comes in a variety of flavors. According to Selznick Scientific Software:
- SmartWrap™ Text Services Plug-in for MacOS X apps like TextEdit and Mail. (MacOS X)
- SmartWrap™ Plug-in For Eudora™ and Eudora™ Light. (MacOS 8, 9 and X)
- SmartWrap™ the Clipboard Application. (MacOS 9 and X)
- SmartWrap™ Plug-in For BBEdit™, MailSmith™, and CodeWarrior. (MacOS 8, 9 and X)
- SmartWrap™ AppleScript Scripting Addition. (MacOS 8, 9 and X)
- SmartWrap™ Extension for the Preditor Editor. (MacOS 8 and 9)
- AppleScripts for use with Outlook Express, Claris E-Mailer, and PowerMail. (MacOS 8, 9 and X)
New to 2.2:
- Created an easy to use installer for MacOS X! (Finally!)
- Removed 32,000 character display limit for SmartWrap™ the Clipboard. There are now no length limits in any SmartWrap™ modules.
- Added enabling of key combinations to SmartWrap™ Preferencesi AppleScript Dictionary.
- Added "Key Combination Enabled" option to SmartWrap™ Preferences. Some of these are off by default.
- Save lines matching "-- " (dash dash space) as a proper signature delimiter.
The SmartWrap group of products can be registered for $18 - the 2.2 update is free for registered users of 2.0. You can find out more about SmartWrap and download it from the Selznick Scientific Software Web site.