CocoaTech has updated PathFinder to version 4.8.4. The latest version works around an Apple bug introduced in Mac OS X 10.5.2, Leopard, that could cause Path Finder to hang or crash in List View. A critical issue in Tiger was fixed with regard to copy/move/delete operations.
The Mac OS X 10.5 fixes and improvements include:
- Worked around an Apple bug introduced in OS X 10.5.2 that causes Path Finder to hang or crash when using List View
- Fixed an exception that could occur when nothing was selected on the Desktop and QuickLook window was invoked
- Fixed an issue where Column View automatic resizing (by double-clicking on the column resize widget) resulted in columns being too narrow
- Added zoom-in animation to QuickLook
- Added QuickLook support to Find window
- Added better icon previews for Icon View (matches the Finder)
- You can now open Quick Look in full screen mode via the Cmd-Option-Y keyboard shortcut
In Mac OS 10.4, Tiger, a critical issue was fixed in which a copy/move/delete operation could fail.
PathFinder 4.8.4 is a full featured Finder replacement. It is a Universal Application and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later. It is priced at US$34.95.