MDG Computer Services has updated their suite of e-commerce tools, WS4D/eCommerce, to version 3.5b16. The new version of the complete set of e-commerce tools includes several new features, including the ability for users to log in remotely to create or modify accounts. According to MDG Computer Services:
Whatis New With Version 3.5b16?
- Ability to accept orders purchased on account. This requires that the customer be setup with terms.
- 4th Quarter Integration module, partially implemented. Allows Inventory from 4th Quarter to automatically copy over to WS4D (no need to export/import, instead, there is a live link between the 2 products).
- Email-Search Can use the Import Date (vs. Date of Email)
- Ability to flag orders shipped from browser, included, ship date, ship via, tracking number, shipping _notes. Optional Email sent to customer, when changing shipping info. Also, when customer views order history, they will see shipping info. ?
- Ecommerce actions, now accessible via URLs (allows Frame, better, design, less errors.). These URLS are: *ws4d-db-query-Checkout.ws4d,*ws4d-db-query-LogIn.ws4d, *ws4d-db-query-ModifyShopping.ws4d, *ws4d-db-query-emptyCart.ws4d.
- When logging in, new tag, shows Shopper Name: ws4d-registered-user
- Cookie Enhancements. WS4D now sends cookie to track number of user visits, this allows user tracking *even* if internal database tracking is disabled.
- Added Price Breaks based on Quantity ordered
- Added Shipping API with REALbasic Example.
- Added Port Monitor (monitors hits/high connects for each port)
- Added ability to disable database access (useful when importing data)
- Added Ability to export Products in standard tab/cr text file to easily be imported into spreadsheets.
- Added Low Stock Notification
- Added HTTP File Upload feature.
- Added Optional Support for new Banner module within WS4D.
- Added Support for Verisignis PayFlow Link (see setup directions)
- Added Optional Support for CyberCashis WebAuthorize (requires purchase of key to activate)s
- Added Different email for merchant & customer (in StoreFront Setup)
- New Security Features
- New tag that sends email whenever a page is requested from a browser
- Daily Auto Export of Orders
- QuickTime Links for each Product
- Added Optional Support WS4D/Banner, a new banner ad manager that tracks impressions and clickthrus.
- Bug Fixes
Pricing for WS4D/eCommerce begins at US$495. You can find more information at the 4D web site.