Daystar Technology has announced that a 1.35GHz upgrade for 700MHz and 800MHz flat panel G4 iMacs will ship on July 28. Users will be required to send their computers to Daystar for installation by Apple-certified technicians. The company said that pricing and final specs wonit be available until the shipping date nears, but it did note that xBench scores for the upgraded machines will jump from the low 70s to over 130. The upgrade will be compatible with every Mac OS starting with 9.2, including 10.4.1, and will include XLR8 MAChSpeed Control software, which maximizes CPU performance. No product page was available on the Daystar Web site as The Mac Observer posted this article.
Recent News See All »
- Judge Approves Apple iBooks $450 Million Antitrust Settlement
- Use a PDF to See How Big Apple Watches Really Are
- Google Agrees to Settlement in Rockstar Patent Infringement Fight
- Apple Blocks Outdated Flash Players Over Security Issues [Update]
- SwiftKey Adds Languages in iOS Without App Store Updates