Daystar Technology has announced that a 1.35GHz upgrade for 700MHz and 800MHz flat panel G4 iMacs will ship on July 28. Users will be required to send their computers to Daystar for installation by Apple-certified technicians. The company said that pricing and final specs wonit be available until the shipping date nears, but it did note that xBench scores for the upgraded machines will jump from the low 70s to over 130. The upgrade will be compatible with every Mac OS starting with 9.2, including 10.4.1, and will include XLR8 MAChSpeed Control software, which maximizes CPU performance. No product page was available on the Daystar Web site as The Mac Observer posted this article.
← Previous Article
Apple Computer has updated the Hot Deals pages for CDW MacWarehouse at the Macintosh Product Guide
Next Article →
Apple on Friday released a 1.2MB file that updates DVD Player to version 4.6.1 for Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger"…
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- ‘Someone’ Targets Hong Kong Protesters Using Jailbroken iPhones with Malware
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Dr. Mac’s Final Showdown
- Microsoft Math: Add 1 to Windows 8 and You Get Windows 10?
- Facebook Launches Atlas Ad Network to Sell You Elsewhere
- Laurene Powell Jobs 28th Wealthiest American, 4th Richest American Woman