Dean Davis today announced the initial release of his new weather information program for the Macintosh: WeatherMan (for Classic OS) and WeatherManX (for OS X).
WeatherMan downloads real-time weather information directly from the National Weather Service Weather Gateway. It has a feature set not found in any other weather program for the Macintosh:
- Current Weather Conditions for over 1600 US locations and 2300 locations worldwide. Conditions include: Temperature, Wind Chill, Heat Index, Barometer, Wind Speed and Direction, Humidity, Outside Conditions and sky visibility. (English and Metric Units)
- Current and Extended Forecast information (US Locations only)
- Special, Urgent and Severe Weather Statements including Severe Thunderstorm, Tornado and Flood warnings. (US Only)
- Seven different Nexrad radar images including the National Composite Image. (US Only)
- Monitor as many cities as you want at one time (limited only by memory).
- Classic and OS X compatible versions
WeatherMan X is available for US$10. You can find more information at Mr. Davisi Web site.