Shareware developer Jonathan Nathan on Wednesday released Docktop, a utility that creates a customizable launch bar on the desktop, where it floats in a transparent window above the icons. Docktop can be used to launch applications, run AppleScripts or open files, folders or Web links. It includes password protection and can be modified several different ways, including its opacity, its location on the desktop and more. Pricing is US$4, with a seven-day evaluation period, and system requirements call for Mac OS X v10.2 or higher, including v10.4.
Recent News See All »
- Google Stands Up to France, Refuses Global “Right to be Forgotten” Order
- Safari Offers Longer Battery Life than Chrome or Firefox
- New Patents Hint at Apple Texture-simulating Uber Stylus
- Apple Campus 2 Will Have Full Blown Visitor Center with Store, Cafe, Observation Deck
- Photoshop CS6 Stragglers Out of Luck for Camera Raw Updates