Easy Barcode Technologies is now shipping solutions for barcode needs, Easy Barcode Creator and Easy Barcode Reader. Easy Barcode Creator is a utility designed for creating barcode graphics. The Barcode Reader is a USB device for scanning and reading barcodes. According to Easy Barcode Technologies:
Easy Barcode Technologies, a company dedicated to creating innovative, user-friendly barcode solutions, today launched its public operations with two new product releases for Macintosh computers: Easy Barcode Creator, an easy-to-use vector barcode generation product, and the Easy Barcode Reader, a plug-and-play USB barcode scanner.
Easy Barcode Creator allows users to create ready-to-print barcode graphics in vector EPS format for use with software like Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
Easy Barcode Creator 1.0 features:
- Barcode generation capabilities for a variety of barcode symbologies, including EAN, Bookland/ISBN, UPC, I2of5 (ITF-14), and Code 39
- Advanced Level 2 PostScript generator creates small, optimized, accurate barcode output files
- Direct barcode transfer capabilities to Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Simple, single window interface with live WYSIWUG preview area
- Custom size factor and truncation/x-adjust settings
- Optimized for Mac OS X, includes toolbars and sheets
The Easy Barcode Reader is a desktop USB barcode scanner designed for home and office use. By default, the hardware emulates a keyboard, allowing barcodes to be scanned into any active application or field.
The Easy Barcode Reader features:
- Support for over 15 barcode symbologies, including EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC, Bookland EAN ("ISBN barcodes"), Code 39, Code 128, I2of5 (ITF), Industrial 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5, Codabar, Telepen, and MSI/Plessey
- Plug-and-play use -- emulates a keyboard, does not require extra drivers
- Extensive customization options with included booklet
- Triggered or trigglerless barcode scanning modes
- Barcode Identification Mode, enabled special character output to identify the barcode symbology for reproduction purposes
- Special ISBN conversion mode for Bookland EAN to ISBN numeric conversions. Use this mode for scanning ISBNs into databases or third-party inventory products like Readerware
- International keyboard support, 18 mappings built-in
- Included Easy Barcode Utility software for desktop reference and testing
You can find more information about the Easy Barcode Creator and Easy Barcode Reader release at the Easy Barcode Technologies Web site.