Yves Pelletier has released an upgrade for YP DC Circuits, bringing it to version 2.0. YP DC Circuits is an electric circuit simulator app designed to allow users to build, test, and refine virtual circuit boards. The upgrade has expanded features including bigger circuits and easier voltage measuring. According to Yves Pelletier:
Yves Pelletier is proud to announce the availability of YP DC Circuits 2.0, a new version of his electric circuit simulation program for Macintosh computers.
YP DC Circuits allows the user to build a virtual electric circuit including batteries, resistors and switches, and measure currents and voltages with an ammeter and a voltmeter. The circuit can be copied, printed or saved on disk.
YP DC Circuits is used by students to learn about: Ohmis law, Kirchoffis law, series circuits, parallel circuits.
New features in version 2.0:
- Save your circuits: You can now save each circuit in a document which can be open and edited with YP DC Circuits.
- Build bigger circuits: A third circuit model (3 loops, 6 branches) has been added in the "Circuits" menu.
- Measure current and voltage more easily: The value measured by an ammeter or a voltmeter is directly written in the circuit, beside the ammeter or voltmeter.
- The polarity of the voltmeter tool is automatically changed after you created one terminal of the voltmeter, if the other terminal doesnit exist yet.
- System Requirements: YP DC Circuits runs on any Macintosh computer with MAC OS 7, 8 or 9. It needs about 400 Kb on your hard disk and 1 Mb of RAM.
You can find more information about the YP DC Circuits upgrade at the Yves Pelletier Web site. YP DC Circuits 2.0 is available for US$20.00.