Softobe has released a new utility to simplify archiving e-mail and attachements from Eudora, Eudora Archiver. Eudora Archiver allows e-mail, attachements, and folders to be archived for easy storage and retrieval. According to Softobe:
Itis a web utility for Macintosh which archives emails and attachments from Eudora v. 5. The user can select a MailBox or a Folder from a popUp menu listing the hierarchical Eudora folders structure. EA will rebuild the same folders structure on the disk and will save in every email and attachment.
- EA archives emails and/or attachments creating on the disk 2 sub-levels of folders for each source MailBox/Folder.
- The first level is the "Day Folder" which groups all the email folders with the same date.
- The second level is the "Email Folder". EA creates a folder for each email to archive in. So, each Email Folder contains the message file and the attachment files.
- The user can archive single MailBox/Folder including or excluding the MailBoxex/Folders nested in.
- The user can choose the date format of the "Day Folder" e.g. "2000-02-25" or "(056) 25 Feb 2000". "056" minds the 56th day of the year.
- EA can archive all the emails in a single TEXT file.
- The user can stop the process at any time.
- Tested on MacOS 8 and 9 with Eudora 5.
Eudora Archiver is available for US$20. You can find more information at the Softobe web site.