Comm-Unity Networking Systems, creators of the excellent SMTPit and POP3it email plug-ins, announces the release of FTPit 1.0 Final, for FileMaker Pro 4.x and 5.x for both Macintosh and Windows Platforms.
FTPit uses the File Transfer Protocol to allow you to upload and download files to and from an FTP site. It also allows you to upload text from a FileMaker field directly to a file on an FTP site. You do not need an external FTP client to use this plug-in, just FileMaker Pro.
You can easily integrate FTPit into your existing solutions. However, a basic knowledge of FileMaker Pro Scripting is needed. The documentation for FTPit covers how to use the FTPit plug-in.
Possible Uses and Features of FTPit
- Upload or download any file you have access to on any FTP site.
- Upload a full static webpage using only FileMaker Pro and FTPit.
- Queue up multiple uploads and downloads and sit back while they all get uploaded or downloaded.
- Watch everything that FTPit is doing with its Status Window.
- Catalog all the files on an FTP site using FTPitis directory listing functions.
FTPit 1.0 Final is available for US$45. You can find more information at the Comm-Unity Networking Systems Web site.