FileMaker announced Monday that FileMaker Server 8 is shipping. The software can support up to 250 users, and 125 FileMaker Pro database files. The compant said that it has an improved engine that is "considerably faster" than FileMaker Server 7.
Other new features include:
- Finds, adds, edits, and deletes information faster using the newly optimized FileMaker Server 8 database engine.
- Provides automatic consistency checking on all hosted files for increased data reliability.
- Increased reliability, error capture, event logging and better diagnostics insuring the integrity of files.
- Supports all the new features of FileMaker Pro 8 and FileMaker Pro 8 Advanced and is required for full support of new FileMaker Pro 8 complex search patterns and calculation functions.
- Supports a mix of FileMaker Pro 8 and FileMaker Pro 7 clients.
FileMaker Server 8 is available now at and is priced at US$999 for a full version. FileMaker Server 7 licensed users are being offered an update for $299. FileMaker Server 5.5 or 6 can upgrade for $599.