Mind Vision Software has released updates for FileStorm and FileStorm Pro, bringing them to version 1.7. The FileStorm lines are distibution utilities designed for software development and electronic delivery. The updates feature disk imaging ehancements and other fixes. According to Mind Vision:
MindVision Software, the leading developer of software delivery tools for Macintosh, today announced the release of FileStorm 1.7 and FileStorm Pro 1.7 for Mac OS X.
FileStorm and FileStorm Pro are built from the ground up as Unix/OS X Aqua applications and take advantage of the latest advancements in OS X to offer a rich WYSIWYG visual user interface to create customized disk image files (.dmg files) for delivering software products via the Internet.
The newest version of FileStorm addresses compatibility issues in disk image creation and disk image display on the different versions of Mac OS X.
New features in Version 1.7 include:
- FileStorm 1.7 requires Mac OS X 10.2 in order to build disk images
- To maintain disk image compatibility between Mac OS X 10.2 and 10.3, FileStorm will always hide the toolbar for your built disk image
- Added transparent scrollbar to indicate window size differences between disk images mounted on Mac OS X 10.2 and Mac OS X 10.3
- Improvements were made to the handling of text files used for disk image license agreements
- In the Disk Image Properties, Format tab, the checkbox named "Automatically copy contents and delete image after mounting" has been renamed "Internet-Enabled(copy contents and delete image after mounting)" to align with Apple nomenclature for disk image functionality
- FileStorm help included within the application has been updated to reflect changes in 1.7
- and fixes and other changes...
You can find more information about the FileStorm and FileStorm Pro updates at the Mind Vision Web site. The updates are free for registered users, while the full version of FileStorm is available for US$19.95, and FileStorm Pro is available for US$79.95.