Appleis premier movie making software, Final Cut Pro, has been updated to version 3.0.2. The new version includes a huge list of fixes and added features. This from Apple:
Final Cut Pro 3.0.2 addresses performance and reliability issues in Final Cut Pro 3. These include the following fixes and enhancements:
- While the Trim window performs looped playback, you can now use the I key to change the In point of the incoming clip and the O key to mark the Out point of the outgoing clip without stopping playback.
- Holding down the Option key while double-clicking a bin in the Browser opens that bin as a tab in the Browser window. If multiple Browser windows are open, the tab is created in the Browser window containing the bin.
- Eliminates instances of Final Cut Pro unexpectedly quitting when installed or launched on dual processor computers running Mac OS X
- Using the Remove Unused option in the Media Manager with an offline sequence now removes the unused footage correctly.
- The enabler file which defines Final Cut Prois real-time capabilities has been updated to take into account performance increases when using dual 1 gigahertz (GHz) computers. In general, this results in an extra real-time compositing layer in sequences using OfflineRT or DV.
- When one or more unsupported real-time enabler files are installed, blue render bars appear in the Timeline to indicate areas of real-time playback that may drop frames as a result.
- Eliminates instances of Autosave causing Final Cut Pro to stop responding when creating a new project folder in the Autosave Vault
- Eliminates instances of dropped frames during playback of a sequence with short audio clips
- Eliminates instances of Final Cut Pro not responding when reconnecting an offline multi-layer Photoshop file
- The Voice Over tool now works correctly with an RTMac card installed. Mono audio will now be mixed into a stereo file on RTMac systems.
- Eliminates a general error warning in Mac OS 9 and an unknown file alert in Mac OS X when recording an audio-only clip with the capture limit disabled in the Scratch Disks tab of the Preferences window
- Fixes an issue with After Effects plugins that use presets. In Final Cut Pro 3, when adjusting an After Effects plugin using presets, the filteris settings did not update properly. As a result, the filtered video clip did not render correctly. In Final Cut Pro 3.0.2, presets selected in an After Effects filter are now correctly applied.
- Final Cut Pro now supports real-time effects when using OfflineRT clips that have a frame rate of 23.98 frames per second (also referred to as 23.976 frames per second).
The update is free to registered owners of version 3.0 of Final Cut Pro. You can get the 9.2MB update from Appleis Knowledge Base Web site. You can find more information on the software at its own Web page.