Mozilla.org recently released Firefox 1.0 RC2, the second release candidate for th next major version of its standalone Web browser. Firefox 1.0 RC2 is largely similar to RC1 and the Preview Release, with numerous bugs fixes under the hood. The final 1.0 release is scheduled for Tuesday, November 9. From developer Ben Gooderis blog:
As Asa mentioned for the 1.0 RC1 builds, there are some areas of testing focus:Please test heavily:
Please continue to test:
- site authentication (especially over SSL)
- extension installation via update.mozilla.org and other sites.
- the MacOS X builds, a number of theme changes have been made.
- software update - weire making another attempt at this. We think weive got the bugs from RC1, so please test by following these instructions.
- the find toolbar
- gecko and website rendering
- migration from other browsers on first run
- opening links in Firefox from external applications
- focus interaction between tabs
Firefox is available for multiple platforms including Mac OS X, Linux and Windows. Download links and more information for this release can be found at Ben Gooderis blog. General information on Firefox is available at the Mozilla Firefox home page.