Insider Software has released an update for FontAgent Pro, bringing it to version 1.0.2. FontAgent Pro is a font management utility designed for multiple font manipulation. The update features several enhancements including font library folder improvements. According to Insider Software:
Insider Software announced today the release of FontAgent Pro 1.0.2, an update to its powerful all-in-one utility that encompasses the entire range of font management needs.
FontAgent Pro is a comprehensive font manager for Macintosh computers running Mac OS X.
With a few clicks, it repairs or eliminates corrupt fonts, partial and unmatched fonts, duplicate fonts, unnecessary point sizes, and builds optimized, organized font libraries. It enables users to build font libraries and font sets, activate and deactivate fonts, preview fonts in various typefaces, and save system resources and precious time by opening only the fonts required for their current projects.
The update optimizes performance and adds the following new features:
- Adding a folder of fonts to a library automatically creates a Set in the Set pane that is named for the folder, allowing users to see at a glance the origins of a particular font collection
- Automatically saves the last point size specified in the FontPlayer, Insideris proprietary interactive font viewer that permits users to vary fonts, sizes, and styles in real time
- Adds a new uninstaller that removes all installed FontAgent Pro files
- Removes limits on the number of fonts, sets, or libraries that can be exported
- Prevents users from using invalid characters (those reserved by the Mac OS) in Library names
- Retains column heading settings between sessions and disables the New Library icon if multiple libraries have not been enabled
You can find more information about the FontAgent Pro update at the Insider Software Web site. The FontAgent Pro update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$99.95.