Insider Software is now shipping FontAgent X for OS X users. FontAgent X is a font management utility designed for font library creation and verification. The app ships with several features including the ability to define multiple font libraries. According to Insider Software:
Insider Software today announced the immediate availability of Insider FontAgent X for Mac OS X, a ground breaking Cocoa release that adds font activation, set management, and support for any number of font libraries to the industryis leading font optimization product.
The new FontAgent X is so functionally complete that it is the only font utility that Macintosh users need to organize, activate, preview, repair and manage their font collections.
FontAgent X introduces a number of unique features never seen before in font management, including the ability to:
- Define multiple font libraries that can be opened simultaneously
- Define font sets that traverse multiple font libraries
- Activate and deactivate sets of fonts simultaneously from multiple libraries
- Rename font files with meaningful file names for easy management
- Verify the integrity of fonts on-the-fly as they are activated
- Reorganize scattered fonts into useful libraries that maintain Mac OS font-file formats
- Preview any text string in any size in any typeface
You can find more information about the FontAgent X release at the Insider Software Web site. FontAgent X is available for US$89.95.