Brought to our attention by Observer Dustin Verdin, a search for "Genius" in the Job Opportunities section of Appleis Web site returns ten listings:
- Mac Genius - Albany
- Mac Genius - Buffalo
- Mac Genius - Columbus
- Mac Genius - Germantown
- Mac Genius - Mall of America
- Mac Genius - Newport Beach
- Mac Genius - Palo Alto
- Mac Genius - Plano
- Mac Genius - Tampa
- Mac Genius - West Harford
Perhaps, even more interestingly, is the job description posted for the Mac Genius position. Pretty funny stuff:
Title: Mac Genius - Albany
Location: Albany-Crossgates-R017, New York
Country: United States
Ambassador to the local Macintosh community
Do you love Macs and enjoy interacting with other Mac users? Does the thought of working for Apple make you tingle more than those three seconds right after a sneeze? If so, and you enjoy working with people as much as PCis, you might have what it takes to become a Mac Genius.
Millions of users around the world know that when done right, a computer can be much more than a bland box made for the left side of the brain. They know the elegance and power of the Macintosh.
As a Mac Genius, youill play host to this remarkable community of people. Whether someone wants a casual conversation about Digital Video or needs an emergency Hard Drive replacement, youill be there. Your fundamental mission: Ensure no Mac User ever again receives inadequate service or second-class treatment.
Now we realize not just anyone has what it takes to be a Mac Genius. Thatis the point. You have to be the best. Still interested?
- Confidently manages other operating systems, but handles a Mac like Yo-Yo-Ma plays the Cello.
- Would rather be in the front row of a MacWorld Keynote than have free cable for a year.
- Can delicately identify the difference between a misguided User and an unhealthy Macintosh.
- Instinctively straightens the Mac software shelves when shopping at the local computer store.
- Genuinely enjoys helping others make the most of their Macs.
- Comfortably translates "techno-jargon" into laymenis terms.
- Skillfully restores ailing Macs back to full health.
- Has been able to find Cupertino, CA on a US Map since the age of 12.
- Would move to Timbuktu if they required all computers to be Macs.
- Always eager to discuss cutting edge technology and why Macs rule.
- Lead an interactive environment where people can gather with their Macs to ask questions and learn new things.
- Enrich the Apple/Customer relationship by quickly resolving and documenting technical support events.
- Provide ongoing technology coaching to a terrific service oriented sales team.
- Help snuff out any new and unusual gremlins by quickly notifiying Appleis engineering teams.
- Make Appleis Support Site the best in the business by contributing your own tips and tricks.
- Keep your store in tip-top shape and give customers what theyive always wanted; a little piece of Apple in their own backyard.
- Communicate positively with store team members, customers, channel partners, and headquarters. Remember, you represent the Apple brand.
- Be responsible and take good care of Appleis assets.
- Maintain a fit and healthy Mac mind and oh yeah, have fun. This is Apple after all.
You can see for yourself at the Apple Job Opportunities Web site.