Gideon Software, Inc. has released an update for Get Info, bringing it to version 0.8. Get Info is a file attribute editing app designed to simplify locating and modifying file information. The new version has performance enhancements and bug fixes. According to Gideon Software:
What is Get Info ?
- Get Info is a file attribute editing system. Itis feature list includes :
- Open Multiple Batch/Info windows at once
- Change the UNIX Permissions of a file or folder
- Change the Owner and Group of a file or folder
- Change Macintosh Type and Creator codes associated with a file
- Lock and Unlock files
- Set Set User ID, Set Group ID bits on files
- Set the sticky bit on folders
- Work on multiple files at the same time using Batch mode
Stuff Added Since Last Release:
- Dragging file(s) onto the Type/Creator favorites table adds the dragged file(s) type/creator information to your favorites
- Locking and Unlocking of files
- Batch Locking and Unlocking of files
- Services Now Work
- New Dock Menu Itemis
- Get Info Dockling has been removed
- The Dock Menu replaces the dockling functionality. Right click ( or click and hold on ) the Get Info icon to see the menu items
- Set User ID / Set Group ID bits can now be set on files
- Sticky Bit can now be set on folders
- Data files are now stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Get Info
- And much more!
You can find more information about the Get Info update at the Gideon Software, Inc. Web site. Get Info 0.8 is available for US$10.00.