Hyperbolic Software has released a maintenance update for Doublet Scan, bringing it to version 10.1.3. Doublet Scan is a file search utility designed to locate duplicate file names on a users hard drive. The update features AAC file scanning and bug fixes. According to Hyperbolic Software:
Doublet Scan 10.1.3 was released.
Doublet Scan 10 is the most advanced program available to take advantage of the latest OS X technologies to find any kind of duplicates on your volumes.
Doublet Scan 10 is an evolution, completely redesigned and rewritten, of the older Doublet Scan that was designed for the Classic Mac OS and successively adapted for OS X.
- Added the possibility to scan AAC Audio files by their tags. Now it is possible to compare MP3s only, AACs only or MP3s with AACs
- Added a new filter that allows for the comparison of names excluding their extensions
- Fixed a bug that sometimes crashed Doublet Scan when the "Selection to trash" option was chosen
- Improved the file movement algorithms
- Improved the interface of the "Custom Search" window
- Fixed other little bugs
You can find more information about the Doublet Scan 10 update at the Hyperbolic Software Web site. Doublet Scan 10.1.3 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$25.00.