IK Multimedia announced Wednesday that SampleMoog is now shipping. SampleMoog is a virtual instrument that includes, "the sounds of all the most sought-after Moog synthesizers spanning the entire Moog history." The package includes more than 1,700 basses, leads, pads, and effects sounds from Moogs ranging from the first Moog Modular systems to Minimoogs, Taurus Bass Pedals, Polymoogs, Memorymoogs, and more.
SampleMoog was based on the SampleTank engine, and offers one-click sound browsing, multiple synth-engines, real-time harmonic manipulations of sound waves, vintage multi-effects, and the company claims the samples are "fast loading."
- 16 part multi-timbral sample-based synth
- Stand-alone and plug-in for VST, AU, RTAS on Mac/PC
- 2 synth engines (Resampling and STRETCH?)
- Built-in multi-effects with 4 effects per part selectable on 32 high-quality DSP effects, with BPM sync
- Over 50 synth controls with Mono/Poly/Legato modes with selectable Legato, 2 LFOs, 2 Envelopes, syncable LBF/BPF/HPF Filters, Velocity, Range and Macro controls
- Sounds can also be read by SampleTank 2.5 and up
SampleMoog is priced at ?249 or US$299, and is available online at the IK Online Store. The company said that it will be appearing in retail outlets later in October. Owners of other IK products can crossgrade for ?149 or $249.