The Iconfactory has released an update for IconBuilder Pro, bringing it to version 3.5. IconBuilder Pro is a Photoshop plug-in designed for custom icon creation. The new version features both Photoshop 7 and OS 10.1.3 support, and other enhancements. According to The Iconfactory:
The Iconfactory is proud to announce that IconBuilder Pro, the professional tool of choice for Macintosh & Windows icon construction, has been updated to version 3.5 for use with Mac OS X.
IconBuilder Pro 3.5 was re-engineered to work specifically with Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and Mac OS 10.1.3 (and above). The filter includes a revised, Aqua user interface along with all of the features and controls IB users have come to know and depend on. These features include:
- True 32-bit icon formats for Mac OS X & Win XP
- Create resources instantly with QuickBuild
- Convert from Mac to Win and back again
- Extract any icon into Photoshop for editing
- Mac icon formats (7.5, 8.5, 9.x, 10.x)
- Win .ico formats (95, 98, NT, ME, 2000, XP)
- Updated tutorial and useris guide for OS X
- 128x128 pixel icon format in Mac OS X
- "BuilderTips" for novice & advanced users
- View icons against multiple desktop colors
You can find more information about the IconBuilder Pro update at the Iconfactory Web site. IconBuilder Pro 3.5 is available free to registered users of versions 3.x, while the full version is available for US$69.00.