Apple has placed an order for 1.2 million Intel based laptops that are to be the successor to the current iBook product line. According to EMSNow, the 12 and 14-inch iBook G4 will be replaced in the second quarter by a 13.3-inch wide-screen consumer laptop. Apple is also getting between 40,000 and 50,000 displays a month for the iBook replacement from AU Optronics. Although manufacturers are providing parts, Apple will not comment on the specifications for the iBook replacement.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- Eight Weeks With the MacBook Keyboard: Total Love
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library
- Import Spotify and Rdio Playlists to Beats Music for Apple Music Launch