Apple has placed an order for 1.2 million Intel based laptops that are to be the successor to the current iBook product line. According to EMSNow, the 12 and 14-inch iBook G4 will be replaced in the second quarter by a 13.3-inch wide-screen consumer laptop. Apple is also getting between 40,000 and 50,000 displays a month for the iBook replacement from AU Optronics. Although manufacturers are providing parts, Apple will not comment on the specifications for the iBook replacement.
Recent News See All »
- Apple Continues to Plunder Fashion Industry with Another Burberry Hire
- Missouri Law Would Require Photo ID for Apple Pay Purchases
- Apple to Support some Non-HomeKit Devices Through Apple TV
- Adobe Patches One Critical Zero-day Flash Exploit, Leaves Another for Next Week
- Apple Loses Retail Tycoon Mickey Drexler from Board