Apple has placed an order for 1.2 million Intel based laptops that are to be the successor to the current iBook product line. According to EMSNow, the 12 and 14-inch iBook G4 will be replaced in the second quarter by a 13.3-inch wide-screen consumer laptop. Apple is also getting between 40,000 and 50,000 displays a month for the iBook replacement from AU Optronics. Although manufacturers are providing parts, Apple will not comment on the specifications for the iBook replacement.
← Previous Article
Apple Computer has updated the Hot Deals pages for ClubMac and Ramjet at the Macintosh Product Guide.
Next Article →
Econ Technologies announced the immediate availability of Portraits & Prints 2.2 on Friday.
Recent News See All »
- Apple Posts Record June Quarter and 20% EPS Growth [Update]
- Petition Demands Samsung Improve Factory Conditions, 40K Signatures
- Netflix Adds Post-Play Feature to Apple TV
- Apple Fixes MacBook Air (Mid 2011) Sleep Issue with Firmware Update
- Apple Reportedly Orders 70-80 Million Large Screen iPhones for Q4