Dartware, LLC has released new beta versions of InterMapper and InterMapper Remote version 4.0. InterMapper is a network monitor designed for the checking and alerting of network service levels. InterMapper Remote is a remote viewer that works with in tandem with InterMapper for real-time, animated views of InterMapper maps. The beta versions features improved features including enhanced security. According to Dartware:
Weire announcing a public beta-test release of InterMapper 4.0 for Macintosh (Classic and MacOS X). Many of the new features require the use of InterMapper Remote, which is also entering public beta test. Together these programs offer the following new features:
- Drill down. Use the new Map Status probe type to represent the state of another map (a "sub-map")
- Aggregate Actions. Configure multiple devices with a single action or dialog
- Remote configuration. InterMapper Remote can now configure nearly every aspect of operation on an InterMapper server
- Scalability. With the advent of the Map Status probe, itis now possible to place InterMapper servers at remote locations and monitor them from a central network operations center
- Enhanced monitoring of remote networks with security. Placing an InterMapper server behind a remote firewall lets a network manager monitor the servers behind the firewall without exposing them to the Internet at large
You can find more information about the InterMapper and InterMapper Remote update at the Dartware Web site. InterMapper is available starting at US$295.00, and InterMapper Remote is available for US$195.00.