Jonathan Nathan has released a new version of Jonis Phone Tool, bringing it to version 2.0. Jonis Phone Tool is a utility designed for automated phone dialing. The latest release features a redesigned interface and improved dialing customization. According to Jonathan Nathan:
Jonathan Nathan is pleased to announce that Jonis Phone Tool v1.2 has been released.
Jonis Phone Tool is a scriptable phone dialing application. JPT uses either your Macis built-in speakers or the modem to dial a phone number. You can enter a phone number manually or you can use the integrated search tools to find numbers in your Address Book, Microsoft Entourage, Now Contact, or Palm Desktop databases.
Version History v2.0:
- Completely overhauled the interface. Dialing rules and preferences have been moved to a separate tabbed window for clarity and future expansion. The dialpad, timer, and conversion box have been moved to drawers off of the main window
- Completely re-wrote the dialing rules to allow for better customization for local, domestic, and international long distance dialing
- Added a Location manager to facilitate changing the dialing rules in one step
- Added Address Book Numbers menu to directly dial any number from the Address Book from the JPT menu (can also directly email from Address Book menu)
- Added a Recently Dialed numbers submenu to the JPT menu
- Added Dial Selection via JPT (Literal) to the JPT Contextual Menu (you will need to install v1.1 of the JPT Contextual Menu from the JPT disk image and logout to see this functionality)
- Added option-click on the Dial button to dial a literal number (without adding any dialing rules)
- Added option-double-clicking on a number in the found numbers to open the contact in the searched contact management application
- Added the ability to ignore the modem feedback to significantly improve dialing speed and overall application responsiveness
- Added the ability to launch an AppleScript or an application when dialing
- Dramatically improved speed when searching the Address Book
- Improved speed when dialing through the modem
- Added the ability to add JPT to the Startup Items
- Added an optional transparent status window
- Completely re-wrote JPT Controller and the example AppleScripts to reflect the new dialing rules, locations, etc. (See Scripting JPT for more information.)
You can find more information about the Jonis Phone update at the product home page. Jonis Phone Tool is available for US$12.00.