Jonathan Nathan has released an update for Jonis Phone Tool, bringing it to version 1.2. Jonis Phone Tool is a utility designed for automated phone dialing. The update features an improved modem controller and ring detection support. According to Jonathan Nathan:
Jonathan Nathan is pleased to announce that Jonis Phone Tool v1.2 has been released.
Jonis Phone Tool is a scriptable phone dialing application. JPT uses either your Macis built-in speakers or the modem to dial a phone number. You can enter a phone number manually or you can use the integrated search tools to find numbers in your Address Book, Microsoft Entourage, Now Contact, or Palm Desktop databases.
Version History v1.3:
- Completely re-wrote the modem controller which provides much better feedback for issues such as no dial tone, busy signals, etc
- Added a ring detection feature that can display an alert and/or automatically launch an external application (such as an AppleScript) when an incoming call is detected via the modem. There are some example AppleScript applications that demonstrate the power of this new feature in the JPT Scripting folder on the JPT disk image. (See Using Ring Detection for more information.)
- Added an automated redial option when JPT encounters a busy signal when dialing via the modem. To cancel the auto redial in the middle of a redial attempt, select Cancel Busy Redial Attempt from the JPT menu. Updated JPT Controller and the example AppleScripts to reflect this feature. (See Scripting JPT for more information.)
- Added support for dialing via Ovolab Phlink (requires Ovolab Phlink version 1.4+ & Telephone Adapter). Updated JPT Controller and the example AppleScripts to reflect the Phlink support. (See Scripting JPT for more information.)
- Added a new menu item to the JPT menu, Lookup..., to show the main window and set the focus to the lookup search field so you can begin a lookup with one step
- Added an optional global hotkey (default = Command-Option-Control-\) to select the new Lookup... menu item
You can find more information about the Jonis Phone update at the product home page. Jonis Phone Tool is available for US$12.00.