Juggy Software and Julian Guimont have released a new version of Ridge, bringing it to version 2.0. Ridge is an internet connection viewer designed for monitoring several Internet related topics including speed and loading activities. The latest version feature several enhancements including component integration and connection graphics. According to Juggy Software:
Juggy software, Mac shareware vendor, is proud to introduce Ridge 2.0, a unique Internet download and upload meter for MacOS X.
Ridge is more than an Internet meter. With this new utility you can cumulate your downloads and/or uploads and you can set limits (like 5 GB of download) on that amount. Ridge will than alert you when the limit has been reached. It also has stunning graphics to "watch" the traffic on your connection and easily detect slow downs and bottlenecks. A packet dump is also present to learn more about some particular protocols, find spyware and much more.
Version 2.0 includes:
- Integrated installation of necessary components
- Graphic of the internet connection on 60 sec
- Actual instant speed of the internet connection
- PPPoE and PPP compatibility
- Packet hexadecimal dump and parsing for PPP/IP/TCP/UDP packets
- Floating graphic window
- Automatic Web Update
- Multi-Threaded to use less CPU
- Archiving of download/upload
- Alert and settings for download/upload
You can find more information about the Ridge release at the Juggy Software Web site. Ridge 2.0 is available for US$10.00.