Kanex Group Inc. today unveiled a new MacPopUp 2.5. Built for Mac OS X, it provides users with all advantages of Appleis advanced OS and at the same time it is available for Mac OS and Windows. MacPopUp is the only full-featured IM LAN Solution available for Mac OS X. It works natively with Appleis latest operating system without requiring the Classic environment.
Version 2.5 allows home and SOHO users to utilize LAN messaging and access to the Internet without switching the TCP/IP settings. At the same time enterprise and educational users get the one-click recipient select, message broadcasting, enhanced multiple users/workgroups functionality and printing of the received messages.
MacPopUp allows Mac users to exchange instant messages with other users on any local area network. Users can easily communicate with anyone on corporate, school and home networks. Its interface is simple but amazingly effective. And it works with Windows and UNIX computers too.
The new version is even more effective as for small networks and for the networks with medium to large number of users as well. They can now:
- Simultaneously use LAN Messaging and access Internet. Due to the AppleTalk support now there is no need to switch the TCP/IP settings or to utilize a router to simultaneously access the Internet and send messages over a network.
- Broadcasting messages. It is often needed to send simultaneous messages to multiple users or multiple workgroups. It is just a snap of fingers now.
- Be members of multiple workgroups
- Select a recipient at a single click from the pull-down menu
- Print received messages
- Send messages faster
- Enjoy improved overall program stability
Pricing for MacPopUp starts at US$10. You can find more information at the MacPopUp Web site.