LaCie on Tuesday introduced Biggest S2, a five-bay RAID tower available in 1.25TB (US$1,999) or 2.5TB ($3,499) capacities. Shipping at the end of this month, Biggest S2 features the ability to hot-swap drives, sustained transfer rates of 187MB per second and interface speeds of 3Gb per second, and compatibility with RAID 0, 0+1, 1 and JBOD configurations. It comes with LaCieis SATA II PCI-X Card 4E, which is used to provide an interface between the Biggest S2 tower and the computer.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- My Search: a New Display for a Mac Pro, Part I
- Appellate Judge Questions Government’s Case against Apple for iBooks
- iPhoneography 101: Photo Post Processing on Your iPhone