LaCie on Tuesday introduced Biggest S2, a five-bay RAID tower available in 1.25TB (US$1,999) or 2.5TB ($3,499) capacities. Shipping at the end of this month, Biggest S2 features the ability to hot-swap drives, sustained transfer rates of 187MB per second and interface speeds of 3Gb per second, and compatibility with RAID 0, 0+1, 1 and JBOD configurations. It comes with LaCieis SATA II PCI-X Card 4E, which is used to provide an interface between the Biggest S2 tower and the computer.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Apple Death Knell #68: Apple’s Stock Will Collapse Because iPhone Is Too Important
- What to Expect During Apple’s March 9 Media Event
- Mac Users Have Fallen Out of Love with Personal Databases, But Why?
- Hue Do You Love? (Or, My Expensive Love Affair with Hue Lightbulbs)
- Three Tips for Apple’s Keynote App on iPad