LaCie on Tuesday introduced Biggest S2, a five-bay RAID tower available in 1.25TB (US$1,999) or 2.5TB ($3,499) capacities. Shipping at the end of this month, Biggest S2 features the ability to hot-swap drives, sustained transfer rates of 187MB per second and interface speeds of 3Gb per second, and compatibility with RAID 0, 0+1, 1 and JBOD configurations. It comes with LaCieis SATA II PCI-X Card 4E, which is used to provide an interface between the Biggest S2 tower and the computer.
Recent News See All »
- Hold on to Your Pants, Siri, Microsoft’s Cortana is Coming to iPhone
- Local Content Deals to Delay Apple’s Streaming TV Plans
- Apple Promotes Jony Ive to Chief Design Officer, Creates VPs for Hardware and UI Design
- Google Study Finds ‘Security Questions’ Next to Useless
- Apple Watch OS Update Reduces Background Heart Rate Monitoring Frequency