LaCie on Tuesday introduced Biggest S2, a five-bay RAID tower available in 1.25TB (US$1,999) or 2.5TB ($3,499) capacities. Shipping at the end of this month, Biggest S2 features the ability to hot-swap drives, sustained transfer rates of 187MB per second and interface speeds of 3Gb per second, and compatibility with RAID 0, 0+1, 1 and JBOD configurations. It comes with LaCieis SATA II PCI-X Card 4E, which is used to provide an interface between the Biggest S2 tower and the computer.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Analyst: “Hey Siri” Media Event no Game Changer for AAPL
- Joy of Tech Comic Nails the Difference Between Cable Providers and Customers on Apple TV
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today