MAKI enterprises has announced an update to its e-mail client Magellan, to version 2.0.1. The Magellan update includes versions for Classic Mac OS and OS X with bug fixes for both. According to MAKI:
MAKI Enterprise Inc. releases a new version of its e-mail client software Magellan. Magellan 2.0.1 includes two versions for MacOS classic and MacOS X. Magellan is still the fastest e-mail client on MacOS X environment. Magellan 2.0.1 release is a minor update for 2.0, but it includes some important bug fixes.
Magellan 2.0.1 changes:
- Non-Stripe Toolbar check box is added to the Appearance preference.
- A problem with mail which has a message ID that is too long sometimes does not appear in the Mail Manager has been solved.
- Status window GUI has changed on MacOS X version.
- The function of diagnose and repair database has been consolidated.
- A problem with skipped mail that remains in Unread has been solved.
- Images only mail send by some cellular phone can be decoded as well as normal message.
- Mail Manager window has become available CC: field.
- Now, French version available.
Classic MacOS 8.0 or newer, TextEncoding Converter 1.31 or newer, Internetcontrol panel is available. (Internet config 1.4 or newer.) To use Index search, MacOS 9.0 is required.
Mac OS X
Mac OS X 10.0 or later is required. For multilingual e-mail, Each language Kit or localized version of MacOS has to be installed.
You can find more information and a 20-day trial of Magellan at the MAKI Web site. A registered version of Magellan costs US$ 50.00.