MacSOS has released an update for MacAT, bringing it to version 6.5. MacAT is a "cron" task scheduler designed for the automated performing of common server administration tasks. The update features performance enhancements including improved Carbon support and other minor additions. According to MacSOS:
MacAT - The leading automated task scheduling application for Macintosh server administrators updated to 6.5.
MacAT is a "cron" task scheduling application for Macintosh server administrators. It is a PowerPC application that allows more than 42 of the most common MacOS tasks to be run daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly or yearly without user intervention.
New MacAT v6.5 features enhanced Carbon support and:
- CompressFile, BinHex file, CompressFolder, UncompressFile tasks carbonized
- Filemaker tasks now carbonized
- Tasklistbox now sortable
- Mount AppleShare Via IP works more reliably under Carbon
- "Put Away Volume" is now carbonized
- Added "CPU Temperature", "OS Version", "OS Name", "CPU architecture" to MacAT email vocabulary
- Fixed bug with Preference item "Disable Vocabulary"
You can find more information about the MacAT update at the MAcSOS Web site. MacAT 6.5 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$49.00.