MacItBetter announced on Tuesday the immediate availability of BetterZip 1.4 for Mac OS X. The new version includes the following new features:
- Extracting single files from zip archives is much faster
- Will remember the favorite archive format
- Has a 1-click save function to create archives
- Can open and extract DEB and RPM archives
- Can clean arbitrary files with regular expressions
- Tar.gz files are opened in one step
BetterZip is a program used to create, open and extract from various archive formats. It can create WinZip compatible AES-256 bit encrypted archives. Individual files from archives can be easily extracted. It can also strip resource forks from zip files and tarballs for compatibility with Windows and Linux. An integrated file browser gives an archive-centric view on the filesystem.
BetterZip 1.4 is a universal binary and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later. It is priced at US$19.95.