Mireth Technology has released a new version of MacVCD, bringing it to version 4.0. MacVCD is a Video CD player designed for chaining video tracks together for seamless playback. The new version features OS X support and other enhancements. According to Mireth Technology:
MACVCD X VERSION 4.0 RELEASED
You can now play Video CDs on OS X! Mireth Technology has released version 4.0 of MacVCD X for Mac OS X. This is the first release of our VCD player that supports the native Video CD format on Mac OS X. You can now insert a VCD in the CD Rom drive of your Macintosh running Mac OS X and watch the movie.
MacVCD X is the easy-to-use, full screen, full featured Video CD Player for the Macintosh. VCD movies are frequently stored in multiple files (called tracks) and because of CD storage size limitations, are often stored on more than one disk. MacVCD X recognizes the VCD format, finds, loads and plays the movie for you, automatically chaining the tracks together and ejecting the disk when itis done. Sit back and enjoy the movie on full screen, or even on your TV, with no interruptions except to insert the next disk.
MacVCD X features:
- Full screen display, even on large monitors
- Automatic VCD format recognition and file chaining
- Auto Play and Auto Eject options
- Easy to use standard Macintosh Interface with both Movie Controller and Keyboard control
- Track selection
- Support for both multi-language and karaoke soundtracks
- Hands Free(TM) speech activated control
- Playback on a second display (like a TV)
- Advanced movie controls including slow motion, fast motion and backwards playback
- Version 4.0 adds support for the native Video CD format on Mac OS X version 10.1
You can find more information about the MacVCD release at the Mireth Technology Web site. MacVCD 4.0 is available for US$19.95.