MacsDesign Studio has released an update for Web Help Desk, bringing it to version 5.1. Web Help Desk is a Web app designed for IT support. This update has new features as well as MacOS X Server support. According to MacsDesign Studio:
MacsDesign Studio today released Web Help Desk 5.1, a powerful web application for technical support designed for education and small to medium sized business customers. Built with the industrys most powerful and mature application server, WebObjects 5 from Apple Computer®, Web Help Desk 5.1 offers an intuitive web interface and an excellent feature set for both end users and support technicians.
Features of the application include:
- Finely crafted web interface with an Aqua look and feel
- Intelligent business logic for job assignments based on location, problem type and load balancing
- Asset management, including the ability to group assets into parent/child relationships
- E-mail notifications of new jobs, job updates, and cancellations for both end users and support technicians
- Graphic reporting of common job ticket details for both technicians and locations
- Frequently Asked Questions module for end user self-help on commonly asked questions
You can find more information about Web Help Desk at the MacsDesign Studio Web site. A Web Help Desk 5.1 corporate base license is available for US$3,000.00.