Markus Brand has released a new app for Mac users, Address-o-sync 1.0. Address-o-sync is a utility designed for synching Appleis Address Book to a Rendevouz network. The app features password protection and automatic entry updating. According to Markus Brand:
Address-o-sync has been released today.
Address-o-sync is an easy to use, but powerful "iSync" style application to share and sync the contacts and addressbook groups of the Apple addressbooks on your Rendevouz network.
With address-o-sync it is possible to share the entire addressbook or only certain groups created in the addressbook, that means you are able to choose which group of contacts (e.g. company) will be shared and which should not be accessible. (e.g. private)
To prevent that every person in your network can get your addressbook contacts you will be asked to determine a password that people will need to get access to your addressbook.
- Sync your addressbook with other adressbooks
- Only addressbook entries, that are new or differ from your addressbook will be synced
- If contacts have differrent entries (e.g. phone number), you can choose, which entry you want to keep or update your old entry
- Share your entire addressbook for syncing
- Share only chosen groups of your addressbook for syncing. (others are not accessible)
- Groups made accessible are still password protected
You can find more information about the Address-o-sync release at the productis home page. Address-o-sync is available as donationware.