Carrot Software has updated their version of the classic minesweeper game, Mega Minesweeper, to version 1.2. The latest version includes a number of bug fixes and includes a new theme and soundset. According to Carrot Software:
Carrot Software is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Mega Minesweeper version 1.2. This release consists of a handful of bug fixes, a new theme and sound plug-in from the creators of the game Star Conquest http://www.darkshadowsw.com, and several new features.
Mega Minesweeper v1.2 is now 100% fully PowerPC native. It will no longer run on 68k Macs. However, v1.1 is still available for download in a 68k binary from the MMS web page.
- Rewrote all threading and multitasking code.
- Does not thread/task when uncovering very small moves or moves with a high density of mines per field size to underscore the overhead of threading/multitasking.
- In Preferences...Advanced Tab...you can turn on/off MP Support and set the weight of the uncovering task.
- In Preferences...Advanced Tab...you can select different types of graphical hardware acceleration.
- Default flag modifier is now the control key, to work better with multi button mice from the start.
- More robust error handling.
- Upgraded to Universal Interface 3.3.2
You can find more information at the Carrot Software web site.